Flip - a reversi like game

Announce your Work In Process and finalized projects here.
Jare
Devoted Member

Flip - a reversi like game

Post by Jare »

Hi all,

I remembered today an old game that I have created in 2010. Its 11th anniversary happened to be two days ago, it was released 2010-01-23. I didn't find a topic for it in CoolBasic forums so I guess I have never mentioned it here before.

A quote from the game's ReadMe.txt:
In Flip your goal is to fill a map so that at the end of the game there are more pawns of your color than pawns of your opponent's color. A pawn can be placed to the map only into a place where it forms a line with one or more pawns of the other color and with another pawn of the same color at the end of the line. All pawns of the different color between the just placed pawn and the pawn with the same color at the end of the line will be flipped to be the same color with the just placed pawn. A line formed by pawns can be horizontal, vertical or diagonal. Placing a pawn can form multiple lines which will all be flipped. A pawn cannot be placed to a place where it won't surround the opponent's pawn(s) with another pawn of the same color.

You can compete against computer or another human.
YouTube video

I have re-released this game today and it's hosted in GitHub with source code available. I'm not planning to do any further development, I guess. But of course now that it's in GitHub, anyone can fork it, improve it and send pull requests.

Download version 1.0.0 ZIP from GitHub
GitHub repository
valscion

Re: Flip - a reversi like game

Post by valscion »

Looks nice!
cbEnchanted, uudelleenkirjoitettu runtime. Uusin versio: 0.4.1 — Nyt myös sorsat GitHubissa!
NetMatch - se kunnon nettimättö-deathmatch! Avoimella lähdekoodilla varustettu
vesalaakso.com
Jare
Devoted Member

Re: Flip - a reversi like game

Post by Jare »

valscion wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:11 amLooks nice!
Thanks! :)