Arskaweb

Community home and general chat.
Arska

Arskaweb

Post by Arska »

Welcome to my CoolBasic Website! Before this site is only for Finnish people.

Head site:
http://www.jouluserver.com/arskaweb/

Forum:
http://arskaforum.omafoorumi.com
Sami The Great
Advanced Member

Re: Arskaweb

Post by Sami The Great »

I would like to make some improvements to your spelling... It is: Before this site was only for Finnish people. Sorry because I am so exact, But some english people could not understand your sentences. I hope that my spelling is fine :D
http://www.rockodilegames.com
CoolBasickin käyttäjä vuodesta 2004.
Karlgamer
Newcomer

Post by Karlgamer »

Thanks for the Welcome!

I am quite enjoying using coolbasic.

And frankly I don't have any problem with your English. I do however wish that there was more information (in English) of how the language works.

So far I have picked up right where I left off with QuickBasic. I was working on the same project then that I'm trying to finish (complete) now with coolbasic.

I was thinking about trying out c++ with Direct X but I haven't quite figured out how the whole object-oriented thing works... although I create objects in my own program.
Koodiapina
Forum Veteran

Post by Koodiapina »

The layout is fine (Like Arscin's themes usually) but you'r logo just can't fit with it. There is some content too what is great thing as we recall many sites saw on this board. By the way, the pastebin -script you are using is on too many sites and that's way useless.

Edit. The Games sections is useless too as there is no games to see.
CCE
Artist
Artist

Post by CCE »

Karlgamer wrote: ...I was thinking about trying out c++ with Direct X but I haven't quite figured out how the whole object-oriented thing works...
You dont have to jump straight into c++ because there is an alternate solution.
A guy called Dibalo is developing a brand new and powerful programming language called ChaosBasic.

As the name says it has a simple basic syntax but it features hardware accelerated 2d graphics, usermade functions etc.! And in the future it may get even more features!

At the moment all the documentation is in Finnish only, but I think it will be translated to English.

Stay tuned.
SPuntte
Tech Developer
Tech Developer

Post by SPuntte »

Sorry about this offtopic..
Karlgamer wrote:I was thinking about trying out c++ with Direct X but I haven't quite figured out how the whole object-oriented thing works... although I create objects in my own program.
DX is quite a complicated API to start with. If you want to try C++, start with simple console applications like "enhanced Hello World!" :P You'll find dozens of good newbie-tutorials on the net (in englinsh of course). When you think you have learned the basics, start studying some simplier API, like SDL.

And then about objects. What 'objects' means in CoolBASIC, is a whole different, and much simplier thing than the C++ -objects. CB's objects can carry one image as their visible form and some other data, one integer, one string and one float, if I remember right. And that's REALLY restricted when compared to C++, I'd say. But It's also remarkably easier. In C++ you must code EVERYTHING yourself. All the functions that handle the objects and their data. Functions that load the image, rotate it or draw it on the screen. In CB you can just use a few integrated functions(LoadObject, MoveObject, Turnobject, etc.) and that's it.

So, think twice If you want to be restricted or in charge of EVERYTHING :P
CoolBasic henkilökuntaa
Tech-kehittäjä
CoolBasic Classic, Cool VES

CoolPhysicsEngine | MissileSystem | Jana-ympyrä -törmäys | cbSimpleTexture | CoolCPLX