MapEditor

Announce your Work In Process and finalized projects here.
peter

MapEditor

Post by peter »

Hi,

the map editor is ready !
and here a little help therefor.

the left side is your area of work, the right side is the area of tiles.
you get a tile by clicking with the left mouse button on it.
you put a tile into the area of work if you click with the left mouse button on it.
you pick up a tile if you click with the right mouse button on a tile in the area of work.

You can adjust the area of work . you click with the middle mouse button at the red point and hold down the button and move the mouse.
or you click with the middle mouse button in the area of work.

a short description about the button bar.
the number icons are the layers, you can choose a layer by clicking the left mouse button on it.
the disc icon stored your work if you click with the left mouse button on it.
the question mark icon give you some information about the coder.
the grid icon alternates to visibly or to invisibly if you click with left mouse button on it.. the pail icon fills a layer with given element, if you click with the left mouse button on it.
the broom icon deletes all layers ! writes 0 into each layer.
the hand icon will give you an infomation about an element: how often it is on hand.
the man icon ended the program.
the plus sign and the minus sign are for loading a map. you can click with the left mouse button thereon, alternatively you can use the right mouse button.
the red arrow icon will replace an element. to do so, you have to click with the left mouse button on this icon, then click with left mouse button on a tile or pick up a tile by clicking with the right mouse button on it. you can click with (left mbutton) on a tile in the area of work now to replace they.

the format of the maps is word = 2 byte
there is no information in the maps !
important ! end this program always over the man icon.
otherwise the program will not store his settings.

Peter
Attachments
MapEditor.rar
(642.99 KiB) Downloaded 680 times
Last edited by peter on Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Viltzu
Guru

Re: MapEditor

Post by Viltzu »

Hi Peter,

Great mapeditor but why that man icon is on the middle of others icons? Well.. It isn't problem... But that could be last icon :)
I don't speak english very well and thats why I don't judge much... ;) But great mapeditor!
peter

Post by peter »

Hi Viltzu,

Thank you for your words
I have not meditated about the man icon, was not so important for me !
Last edited by peter on Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Awaclus
Forum Veteran

Post by Awaclus »

Yeah, i tested it, and i think it was great, like every your programmings. There would have been a little more information, like a help window (wich could be shut down and wich tells some detailed info about the button/selection, what mouse hits), in my opinion, and making possible to select a few amount of tiles to draw at one click, like in RPG Maker.

BTW, were the graphics from Ahriman's Prophecy?

EDIT: Ahriman's Prophecy is best RPG i've played during my life, and probably the best game ever. The snowman looked like a little similar than the one in AP, but the graphics in AP are freeware anyway, so no worries :)
Last edited by Awaclus on Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
peter

Post by peter »

Hello