BOKAI beta

Announce your Work In Process and finalized projects here.
WinKIller0
Newcomer

BOKAI beta

Post by WinKIller0 »

As I was a bit bored today and couldn't be arsed to go on with my main project I created something "Shoot'em all and get free bewbs" thingy. Too bad there's only one enemy but meh, think it's enough so enough meta text and to the point:

BOKAI beta:
-SP game
-Control your character and try to kill the NPC

And... Well think that's quite it, something to have fun for a time :), please provide feedback ovoer the AI escpecially, it wasted most of my time.

have fun!
Attachments
BOKAI beta.zip
The game and needed files included, intructions within the game
(591.6 KiB) Downloaded 611 times
Viltzu
Guru

Re: BOKAI beta

Post by Viltzu »

Can you put some screenshots? All just don't want to download because... They don't know what they are downloading... Lol, sry my bad english :D But put some screenshots :)
Koodiapina
Forum Veteran

Post by Koodiapina »

Yeah, "don't buy a pig in a sack" like we finns often say.

Let's get back to the topic. Seems that you really were trying something, that's something I appreciate. Unfortunately, it still didn't hit on me, and here lies some explanations: Firstly, the engine and idea was old and used. It has nothing too new in it, and when you have played lots of these, you get easily bored. In this game, the same thing happens. The second reason is the bot player didn't make any sense to me. Covering AI isn't possible in this game, of course, but I would have liked to see the bot doing something else than turning oddly and shooting at me. And the last thing which I didn't like, is that you use the CoolBasic's default media. That isn't a crime actually, but they have acted in way too many games.

But it wasn't that bad. I can hardly see any bugs and it ran well. I would say that this is quite okay, it doesn't entertain very long but maybe it isn't necessary for this genre.

E: If you see any typos or grammar mistakes, you are hallucinating ;-)
WinKIller0
Newcomer

Post by WinKIller0 »

Covering AI isn't possible in this game
Think you missed the AI then, that stupid turning was the whole point of him. When you try to shoot hetries to dodge the "bullets". Of course it's not perfect (somehow I didn't never get him to dodge to left, wonder why)

And like I said this was just something I played around between my main project, it's not supposed to be the perfect lil' game you can get but drives its purpose. ;)

btw, did you win or loose?
Koodiapina
Forum Veteran

Post by Koodiapina »

WinKIller0 wrote:Think you missed the AI then, that stupid turning was the whole point of him. When you try to shoot hetries to dodge the "bullets". Of course it's not perfect (somehow I didn't never get him to dodge to left, wonder why)
With covering, I meant something like hiding behind objects and such. I personally don't find the "dodging" very good idea, because player knows what bot will do next so there is no fun.
btw, did you win or loose?
Oh, I forget to mention, got a Memory Access Violation which stopped me. But don't worry too much about it, I used wine and using it has sometimes caused some unexpected problems with CoolBasic games.
elmo123

Post by elmo123 »

Great game, but it is a bit unfair, because:
  • The bot can walk sideways
  • The bot has infinite run energy
  • Sometimes it fires quickly
...But at least it's challenging! :D

You could:
  • Make the run energy to regenerate
  • Put edges to the battlefield, so the player or the bot can't go outside the screen
  • Make the controls easier for hands, like aim and fire: mouse and move:WASD(the keys should move the player up, down, left, right, not forwards, backwards, turn left and right)
  • Powerups!(but the bot could pick the items up for himself and use them ;) )
  • More levels, guns, and so that the game gets always more challenging!
Kiinnostuin pelien tekemisestä ennen 1. luokkaa.
Sitten 3. luokalla tuli CB. Ja siitä se alkoi.

Blender! TF2! CB! Game Maker! Nokia-mollaus! Kitaransoitto! Breakdance! MadTracker! Minecraft!