stick a fork in, it's done.

Discuss about CoolBasic as a product here.
mclout99
Newcomer

stick a fork in, it's done.

Post by mclout99 »

it seems like no one is serious about this project, or some progress would be evedent. I say shit or get off the pot. Do or do not do no TRY. Are all Fins this indesisive. COME ON people.
Awaclus
Forum Veteran

Re: stick a fork in, it's done.

Post by Awaclus »

It might seem like that. In reality, I'm sure everyone in the development team is serious about it, and progress is being made. The project is just so massive and the amount of people in the development team is quite small and everyone has jobs or school they have to take care of in addition to the programming - it would be impossible to get anything complete fast. Especially when they're doing it for free, it's very understandable.

Besides, according to my knowledge, they already have done a lot of stuff and the amount of work left is small compared to the amount of work done. You'll just have to be patient.
Jare
Devoted Member

Post by Jare »

People are serious about this project. As Chaosworm said, everybody in the devteam is doing this beside school or work. I don't know the reasons for the blog being very inactive, but I know that there are very talented people working in this project.
peter

Post by peter »

He can't wait! He is excited like a young girl.
mclout99
Newcomer

Post by mclout99 »

Just not seeing anything here is disapointing. I think this project could be good but nothing is happening, and the dev blog post talks about how he is working on all kinds of stuff not of this project. That seems like a lack of intent and focus. That is after all all we here have to judge what is up.
Awaclus
Forum Veteran

Post by Awaclus »

mclout99 wrote:Just not seeing anything here is disapointing. I think this project could be good but nothing is happening, and the dev blog post talks about how he is working on all kinds of stuff not of this project. That seems like a lack of intent and focus. That is after all all we here have to judge what is up.
The newest dev blog post talks about the process of the compiler which is probably the most important part of the project. Before that, the process of the compiler again. Before that, a comic and some talk about an experiment which can possibly have an impact on CoolBasic in the future; which isn't actually focusing on CoolBasic as much as possible, but definitely doesn't take any noticeable focus from developing CoolBasic away either. Before that, more process of the compiler.

You should probably try understanding what you read before you complain about it.
Misthema
Advanced Member

Post by Misthema »

Chaosworm wrote:
mclout99 wrote:Just not seeing anything here is disapointing. I think this project could be good but nothing is happening, and the dev blog post talks about how he is working on all kinds of stuff not of this project. That seems like a lack of intent and focus. That is after all all we here have to judge what is up.
The newest dev blog post talks about the process of the compiler which is probably the most important part of the project. Before that, the process of the compiler again. Before that, a comic and some talk about an experiment which can possibly have an impact on CoolBasic in the future; which isn't actually focusing on CoolBasic as much as possible, but definitely doesn't take any noticeable focus from developing CoolBasic away either. Before that, more process of the compiler.

You should probably try understanding what you read before you complain about it.
Guess he was waiting for some images or huge lists of commands, haha!

But yeah, the compiler is maybe the most vital part of the new CBC. Without that, you can't actually make anything - or maybe just write some syntax-highlighted code, lol.
And secondly, if blogs about development is not being updated frequently, that doesn't mean there isn't anything happening - they just don't have anything reasonable to write there...

Just be patient and you will be rewarded - in time.
Zero
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Zero »

CBC is being developed actively. Nothing too exciting to show on the blog yet, though. But once we do, it should be pretty pleasing stuff. For example, last week the editor took a giant leap towards being able to build & run CBC-projects.
CoolBasic henkilökuntaa
Johtava Suunnittelija
CoolBasic V3, CoolBasic Classic

http://www.coolbasic.com/blog
mclout999

Post by mclout999 »

STILL NOTHING. GET TO IT OR CLOSE IT DOWN.
esa94
Guru

Post by esa94 »

Sssh.
mclout99
Newcomer

Post by mclout99 »

Really Over 2 years and nothing WOW. I keep checking back to see if anything is moving but nada still. So any news there are not blog updates so????????????????
Awaclus
Forum Veteran

Post by Awaclus »

mclout99 wrote:Really Over 2 years and nothing WOW. I keep checking back to see if anything is moving but nada still. So any news there are not blog updates so????????????????
viewtopic.php?p=61923#p61923
"Zero told me in person that 2012 is not just an estimate - like 2011 was - but a promise. So, let's hope at least a sample of some sort will be released - you never know. :)"
mclout99
Newcomer

Post by mclout99 »

hope springs eternal. BUT the proof is in the pudding. So there are a few platitudes to wile the night away while we wait. Be of good cheer if you are right the damned thing should soon be here. And if not I care not for there are a few projects as good and surprisingly with actual value not just planed potential so look elsewhere like X11 Basic ( http://x11-basic.sourceforge.net/)that is very promising. I am in contact with the author and he is just starting on an android version that even compiles to byte code. The window and Linux and Mac versions all interpret, or compile first to byte code and then even to C code that can produce quite good native code. I works cross platform and its only weekness is the lack of a good IDE in windows there is non at all and an OK one for Linux. He is diligently working on all of it and listens to users and brings out updates quickly so far.
Misthema
Advanced Member

Post by Misthema »

Umm... First of all. That guy working on X11 has been releasing stuff since 1990.. I think he's way more skilled in that kind of stuff than this people on CB... He has mostly everything already done and all he has to do, is to ADD STUFF. That's just easy, so no wonder if he has time to listen the users.

BUT, the people working on CB are doing it when they can - they have their own lives with their own grooves plus work and/or school. ALSO, they have are still learning things that you need to know if you're going to build a good compiler and stuff.

This last post you wrote is just demotivating. And because of that, your attitude and you yourself is just sickening me.
So if you don't have the time and patience to wait, then please, bleed somewhere else than this forum.

Thanks,
misthema
mclout99
Newcomer

Post by mclout99 »

Sorry Dude just sad that I have seen nothing for so long from this. I will just check back once and a wile and see if they ever produce something. But is it so wrong to try to goad them a bit to move along with it. It has been over 2 year, but I will hold off and poke no more. If it be a dead horse it won't help anyway, and if as you say they might some day make something of this, then I would never want to discourage them. That was never my intent. have a great new year.
Misthema
Advanced Member

Post by Misthema »

Okay, I think I was a bit too harsh there too. Sorry about that.
Still, I'm glad you understand. :)

You have a great new year too.
kaale0
Newcomer

Post by kaale0 »

Is coolbasic classic really dead?
Awaclus
Forum Veteran

Post by Awaclus »

kaale0 wrote:Is coolbasic classic really dead?
No, as far as we know, it is just late.
Pettis
The Evil Admin
The Evil Admin

Post by Pettis »

It's ready when it's done.
CB Repository .com - Sinne ne kaikki koodit menneet on!
MunVerkko - Ilmaisia foorumeita ja blogeja