Two suggestions for the forums

Community home and general chat.
Jare
Devoted Member

Two suggestions for the forums

Post by Jare »

I have two suggestions for this forum.

1. Make a new area for feedback and suggestions related to the forums and the website. Im not sure if it should be in English or in Finnish.

2. Try to replace the current spam filter ("Write word CoolBasic to a text field") because it is uncomfortable. For example when I login to the forums and send a PM, during the sending I am asked to write "CoolBasic" to a text field. After doing this, sending the PM fails saying that no receiver was set. Then I need to take two steps back and resend the form. Fortunately my web browser restores form data when going back pages. I know the filter is meant to use cookies so it should only ask the question once. But for me it does it reqularly. My browser's options are set to keep all cookies, so that should be ok. So a better working spam filter would be nice to have (or fix the current one, if it is easy).
Zero
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Re: Two suggestions for the forums

Post by Zero »

Jare wrote:1. Make a new area for feedback and suggestions related to the forums and the website. Im not sure if it should be in English or in Finnish.
This is a good idea. The staff will consider adding this kind of a forum, but I wouldn't expect it before CoolBasic V3.
Jare wrote:2. Try to replace the current spam filter ("Write word CoolBasic to a text field") because it is uncomfortable. For example when I login to the forums and send a PM, during the sending I am asked to write "CoolBasic" to a text field. After doing this, sending the PM fails saying that no receiver was set. Then I need to take two steps back and resend the form. Fortunately my web browser restores form data when going back pages. I know the filter is meant to use cookies so it should only ask the question once. But for me it does it reqularly. My browser's options are set to keep all cookies, so that should be ok. So a better working spam filter would be nice to have (or fix the current one, if it is easy).
You're not the first (and probably not the last) who has had problems with the "safety question". The latest phpBB release fixed a certain bug, and we'll most likely get rid of the question. Instead of it, we'll add a custom question on the registration page - to distract automatic registration used by the spam bots.
CoolBasic henkilökuntaa
Johtava Suunnittelija
CoolBasic V3, CoolBasic Classic

http://www.coolbasic.com/blog